Last entry for 2010

Posted on: December 29th, 2010 • 14 commentsLeave a comment?
Plugs: Cean, Leon, Kitty, Catherine, Amber, Krystal, Qi Wen, Evelyn, Lily, Ashleenah-Page,

I suppose this will be my last post for the year 2010. It’ll be a new year soon and to be honest, I’m not thrilled to step into the new year. Most probably because there isn’t anything to look forward to (except for my graduation from university in August). And I won’t bother making any new year resolutions because I don’t think I’ll be able to fulfil them and they’ll just be added to the massive pile of past years’ unachieved resolutions.

Here’s a list of some of the things I did (and/or things that happened to me) in 2010:

• Went for my first Teaching Practice (the journal can be found here).
  • Leon and I celebrated our third year anniversary.
  • Sent out a Christmas card to a friend for the very first time ever.
  • I broke my slippers twice in a day.
  • I spent too much on online stores.

Speaking of graduating from university, I am considering to go for the Masters qualification right after the graduation. The thing is, I am not too sure which Masters programme I want to do. The most obvious choices would be either Masters in Teaching or Masters in Education. Frankly speaking, I’m not really interested in any of the two because I’m looking into something that is related to Internet or Multimedia. But that’s a wishful thinking, there’s no way I can take any of programmes listed under those category because my basic degree is in Education. The most I could hope for is Masters in Education specialising in Educational Technology.

I’ve also created a Tumblr account out of sheer curiosity. I don’t actually know what to do with it except posting random stuff on it. It was probably a mistake signing up with the website in the first place. But if you feel like checking it out, you can click this link.

This morning I was looking at a local high school logo and until today I never realised how similar it looks to my old school’s logo:

schools

Left: Science College logo (my old school) Right: Muda Hashim High School logo

Both schools are owned by the government but I don’t know anything about the rule of two schools having logos that resemble each other so closely. Surely that shouldn’t be allowed? Of course there are not entirely look alike but there is an eerie resemblance..

I guess that’s all for my last post for 2010, I’ll see you guys next year. Happy holidays and happy new year! ;)

Question: Do you have new year resolution(s)? If yes, what is it/are they?

Tagged under: ,
Categorised under: Real life

Comments

14 comments to Last entry for 2010

1. #1271    Cean says:

I followed you on Tumblr :) And how did you break your slippers XD

2. #1272    Leon says:

I had a good laugh at the school logo bit. I wonder if they even know what Excelsior even means? “Even Higher”… but with both having the same motto, it becomes kind of incongrous. School badges here (in Brunei) are supposed to be unique, just like the uniforms, and easily distinguishable (that’s another article in itself!), and I really don’t think SM Muda Hashim should’ve ripped off the logo. Science School, being the senior institute of education, should get dibs on the logo (or coat-of-arms, as it should more correctly be referred to). They are of course not identical, but clearly one was the inspiration for the other.

For anyone who’s interested, all the government primary schools (that’s state elementary schools for any Americans) have the same coat-of-arms/school badge.

And I’m really, REALLY sorry about the whole slipper thing. :’((((

• #1273    Kitty says:

MOE would probably ignored the complaints even it’s from Science school. They were willing to put up with our requests before because we had ‘Somebody’.

Don’t worry about the slipper thing, I was equally sorry for being such a grumpy idiot. :D *hugs*

Twitter:

3. #1274    Catherine says:

I’m kind of the same, I haven’t got much to look forward to next year, just a lot of exams. I have a lot of hope though that it’ll be a good year, and I always make resolutions Dx I can’t help it, lol xP

I don’t know much about masters degrees and stuff, so I can’t give you advice on that I’m afraid Dx But I hope you make the right choice for you :)

Oh that thing about the logos is actually really interesting. I’ve never heard of something like that before.

Question: Do you have new year resolution(s)? If yes, what is it/are they?
    I haven’t even thought of any yet, but I will on new years day :P

4. #1275    Leon says:

I always keep my New Year’s resolutions. It’s easy. I say: “This year: no resolutions.” Bada bing, bada boom! =D

5. #1276    Amber says:

Yaaaay for you and Leon!!! Congratulations!!!!! ^_____^

New year’s resolution: to realistically lose weight :( gosh this’ll be my resolution until I get down to the weight I want.. ahaha

6. #1277    Krystal says:

I gave up making new year resolutions because I never follow it! I always try for the first few weeks then completely forget about it after that.

I wanted to do a masters last year when I graduated but I decided not to in the end because I wasn’t sure what course to take up.

Good luck if you decide to continue with a masters degree. Alternatively you can get a job in the internet or multimedia field then see if you can do a masters in that after you’ve had some work experience in it.

7. #1279    Qi Wen says:

Hello Kitty, it has been a long time since I last commented your post. Sorry! xD
    Yeah, the new year will be coming really very soon, and I wish you a Happy New Year! ^^
    Woah, it’s good that you actually went for Teaching Practice. I did have a dream of becoming a Teacher when I was young! hahas… xD
    And yeah, I did created a Tumblr account and did not know what to do with it now too! But currently as for now, I only used to follow people on tumblr!

And woah, both the school logo really looks alike. I think the government should do something about it… if this happens in the cyber world, hahas, can’t imagine it…! xP

Question : Do you have new year resolution(s)? If yes, what is it/are they?
    Answer : Erm, I still can’t think of it right now… but normally will be all the things I wished for!

Last but not least,
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO! ^^

8. #1280    Evelyn says:

I will probably write my new year’s resolutions soon. But they’re not too different from last year’s I guess hehehe!

Soon you’ll be addicted to tumblr!

9. #1281    Lily says:

I’m really excited for 2011 because this is my first year starting high school. XD

Other than that, I’m not sure what to look forward for but I do like surprises so you’ll never know what’s gonna come up. :)

If you no longer interested in Teaching, perhaps maybe changing the course could be a good idea? You’re very excellent with it!
    Though the fees can be a problem but aren’t you a lot to make a student loan or something?

I remembered those days when I spent simply hours on Tumblr reblogging stuffs. But I haven’t been on it for ages now because I got sick and tired of it. :(

That’s odd. The shape of the logos are quite similar, just not completely. Maybe they happen to be related, perchance? I must admit, it’s a bit confusing though!

Happy New Year & Happy Holidays to you too! :)

10. #1282    Lily says:

Whoops, I messed up a sentence on my previous comment:

*…but aren’t you allowed to make a student loan or something?

11. #1283    Ashleenah-Page says:

I followed you on Tumblr and I am so jealous of your theme. It’s totally awesome. :)

Thanks for the birthday wish and happy (late) new years to you too.

I don’t really have any either other than to forget the past and just carry on towards my goals of doing my uni courses and making my relationship with currar work.

12. #1284    Ashleenah-Page says:

Do you have new year resolution(s)? If yes, what is it/are they? Yeah, I do. I want to learn to love my myself and my life.

I jellyfish egg looks like clear hardish jelly with a purple dot in it. – http://www.worldisround.com/articles/358416/photo4.html

I would really love to learn how to make Tumblr themes but I guess I’m a little too lazy to actually do it. I fell in love with yours as soon as I saw it. You are so talented.